ETAP® is a full spectrum analytical engineering software company specializing in the analysis, simulation, monitoring, control, optimization, and automation of electrical power systems. ETAP electrical engineering software offers the best and most comprehensive suite of integrated power system enterprise solution.
ETAP is the global market and technology leader in modeling, design, analysis, optimization, monitoring, control, and automation software for electrical power systems.
The company has been powering success for over 30 years by providing the most comprehensive and widely-used enterprise solution for generation, transmission, distribution, industrial, transportation, and low-voltage power systems.
Founded in 1986, ETAP is headquartered in Irvine, California, USA, with offices around the world.
Our mission is to provide state-of-the-art products and superior engineering services by combining advanced technologies with the highest standard in quality to achieve overall customer satisfaction.
Model-Driven Power System Design & Operation Solutions
- Offers a single connected platform with integrated applications
- Serves as an executable specification of the system under development
- Focuses on advanced power system analytics
- Identifies root-cause by identification of operating problems
- Minimizes inadvertent outages caused by human error / equipment overload
- Offers optimization and business intelligence
- Provides design and operational insights
- Bridge the off-line and on-line systems
- Reconstructs system conditions to check for user / operator actions
- Probes for alternative actions after-the-fact - "What-if Analysis"
- Facilities on-going learning process for the engineers & operators
- Enables data-driven decision making and planning
Six-Month, Stand-Alone Student Edition License
The Student Edition of ETAP’s electrical engineering software is intended for students who are utilizing ETAP in an educational setting. The ETAP Student Edition will help prepare students for the power industry by providing them with an opportunity to utilize the latest features and functions of our industry leading power system software.
With this six-month, stand-alone ETAP Student Edition license, you have personal access to ETAP away from the campus, providing you the convenience of remote-learning environment.
Features & Capabilities
- 25 Buses (AC & DC) Capability
- Project Saving
- New & Existing Project Access
- Reports with Student Watermarks
- ETAP Base Module
- Cable Ampacity – ANSI & IEC
- Panel Studies & Single-Phase Systems
- Wind Turbine Generator & PV Array
- HVDC Transmission Link
- NetPMTM – Network Project Management
- Load Flow
- Short Circuit – ANSI & IEC
- Unbalanced Load Flow
- Optimal Power Flow
- Voltage Stability
- Transient Stability
- Harmonic Analysis
- Reliability Assessment
- StarTM – Protective Device Coordination
Getting Started Videos
To qualify for ETAP Student Edition you must meet the following criterion:
- You are currently enrolled in a university and taking power system courses.
- Your university has an ETAP Power Lab.
- You have a valid university email address.
For new inquiries or to check if your University has an ETAP Power Lab, please contact us at email@example.com